The Pax Cecilia - Nouveau (2004)


The Pax Cecilia are a tough band to describe. Their music incorporates elements of post rock, hardcore, metal, and classical, so it's safe to say that they sound fairly unique. They have released two albums so far, both of which they have given away for free. In short, they're great people who make great music. One of my favorite bands at the moment.


As an added bonus, you can download their latest album, "Blessed Are the Bonds," from their website. It's got more of a post metal sound and has a lot more in the way of piano and strings. I prefer this album to "Nouveau," as do most people, but I feel that "Nouveau" is frequently overlooked. Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

2 Responses so far.

  1. adam says:

    These guys really are great. If I have my band history correct, they used to be called "Autumn Wind Thesis" and I found them after many Dredg-inspired hours sifting through band forums. Glad to see someone else appreciating them. Thanks for sharing!

  2. Adam you are correct, that was wayyyy back, surprised that even found the internet. Guitarist is my best friend, greatest guys on earth; definitely worth snagging all their stuff. Nice up WFLM.

Leave a Reply