Johnny Flynn - A Larum (2008)

This is, without a doubt, my favorite folk album, and one of the most well-loved pieces of music in my life.


Johnny Flynn is the British singer/songwriter responsible for this masterpiece. His playful lyrics are joined with incredible instrumentation--traditional americana instruments being used in unorthodox ways. Lots of cello harmonics, trumpets, mandolins, drums...

Anyways, as the days get colder, you're going to need some warm music. This is a great choice.

WINTER IS COMING.

Categories: , , ,

2 Responses so far.

  1. Ian says:

    Ha! I know this album. My girlfriend pointed out to me how Hong Kong Cemetery seems to pretty much lift straight from the final track of this album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBzvAQgczKc

    It's pretty fucking close.

  2. Lana says:

    Mmm I love this album

Leave a Reply