Pretty Lights - Making Up a Changing Mind (2010)



I have no idea how I haven't heard of these guys before, they make awesome electronic/instrumental hip-hop and they've put all their albums up for free on their website. If you take Xploding Plastix/Arts the Beatdoctor/Bonobo/Blockhead/Gotan Project and add a bit of funk you get Pretty Lights. I haven't heard all the albums yet but this one is amazingly good and their first one was pretty special too.

7 Responses so far.

  1. I'm interested in sharing my music on your blog. please let me know how I can contact you.

    Thanks!

  2. contact jc either by last.fm (last.fm/user/juancarlitos) or on here.

  3. trudodyr says:

    I did quite like this album and have subsequently downloaded the earlier works, which I found sadly disappointing. On the bright side, it bodes well for future releases.

  4. puxel says:

    as a colorado resident, i approve.

  5. BB says:

    PL are amazing! Give the CD's a few listens, then you will truly enjoy...

  6. pierre says:

    great record. the vocals melt in perfectly.

  7. Morgan says:

    Loved this infinitely and most previous work. Had quite a few good tracks to me.

Leave a Reply