Eyedea & Abilities - By The Throat (2009)


Eyedea & Abilities have really outdone themselves with this one. Their music is a beautiful combination of genres indie rock and hip-hop. The lyrical content of this album is highly introspective, being that it focuses on the things that go through all of our heads on a daily basis. It outlines the struggles between the internal and external, as well as the internal self's quarrel with itself. Despite the gravity of these themes, Eyedea & Abilities practice optimism in their songs and I find that some of this optimism rubs off on me when I sit down and really involve myself with this album. Anyway, this is a fan-fuckin-tastic album and fans of hip-hop should thoroughly enjoy this.

Empathy is the poor man's cocaine
And love is just a chemical by any other name
I like the way your pheromones make me sleepy
This far away I still smell you inside me


&

Comment

6 Responses so far.

  1. H@m says:

    Track 2 Appears to be corrupt. But from what I've listened so far it's pretty darn good although some tracks feel a like a little too much noise. But still worth the download.

  2. Twee says:

    So Sammy, how's it feel to be the only person posting good music on this blog?

    Great album, everyone should check it out.

  3. mitchctim says:

    how about the new Soulcrate Music

  4. Anonymous says:

    Good shit.

  5. says:

    You should promote this band http://hellbeach.com/ ther offer their album for free and they are really amazing. It's a mix between blues rock like The Dead Weather and riot girl like Hole. Really Impressive.

  6. phillaf says:

    Started listenning to it. Sounds really good so far. :)

Leave a Reply