Portishead - P

This is a little compilation I made for my own amusement. I guess you guys can download it too if you want, or whatever. When playing live, Portishead very rarely stray from their album material. So rather than have fifty copies of Dummy, I collected some of the notably different pieces from their lengthy career. There are a couple of Dummy Versions (Very, very early versions of tracks that ended up on the second album), a seven minute version of Strangers, some instrumental cuts from a DJ gig they did in '95, and some other miscellany. If this is the least interesting thing you've ever heard, screw you. Its for Portishead nerds only. I have enough for a P2, but it takes a long time and the Portishead website only provided me with album art for P and P3.

Categories: , ,

12 Responses so far.

  1. Alex says:

    Sounds cool, downloading now.

    Would you have a link to the source or anything?

  2. Tropolist says:

    http://rapidshare.com/files/57683162/Portishead_-_empress_ballroom_-_may_25__1995.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/43329930/Live_at_France.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/79483072/p0rt1s_l1v3_tomm0tr__RARmy.rar
    http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1435350/775222/
    Were a few sources. Some of them I have no idea where I got them.

  3. Unknown says:

    and here, kind sir is the cover art for p2
    http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/p2_dvd_cover_art.jpg
    ;)

  4. mrphoenix says:

    This is magnificent stuff. Only previously heard two of these so my joy is unbounded. I will make you a 'P2' in the style of the others if you put the next compilation together - I'll be playing this one non stop for the next six weeks (and checking out all those sources). Thanks again.

  5. Wojtek says:

    That was pretty fucking brilliant, kind sir. I especially liked Beth's singing "I'm tired, I'm worn" like she was about to change into the She-Hulk. I hope you're going to make more compilations like this.

  6. Tropolist says:

    So glad I'm not the only one who likes it.

    mrphoenix: I could also save some time and skip to 4; I have a mockup someone made of Portishead's 'Fourth' cover.

    Wojtek: That's the very reason I added. The instrumentation is pretty standard, but Beth just goes crazy at the end. She can get pretty wild at the end of 'Glory Box' too, but I didn't find a particularly good example.

  7. mrphoenix says:

    Those covers are here:
    http://misterphoenix.blogspot.com/2009/05/covers.html
    and I followed those rapidshare links - could you tell me the passwords please?!

  8. Tropolist says:

    Thank you. Sorry, I forgot they were passworded. I think its 'ultimovicio'

  9. mrphoenix says:

    'ultimovicio' works for Empress Ballroom but not the other two. However that set is so fine it would be churlish to complain about the others. Ahhhhhh.

  10. this is great, thanks. i've never heard these before. are these official?

  11. ok, reread synopsis. brilliant. thanks.

Leave a Reply