The Monolith Deathcult - Trivmvirate (2008)


"Atmospheric death metal with electronic influences," according to Metal Archives. I'm inclined to agree. Gut-wrenching yet intelligible growls and tasteful use of synths are my favorite things about this album, but that's not to say that the rest of the band is just along for the ride. The Monolith Deathcult works hard to set themselves apart from...well, any other death metal band out there, and it's safe to say that they've succeeded with this album.

Download and comment

Let me know if you WFLM followers are into this sort of thing, or if you're a bunch of hipster fu--
Er, I mean, people who don't like death metal.

12 Responses so far.

  1. "Let me know if you WFLM followers are into this sort of thing, or if you're a bunch of hipster fu--
    Er, I mean, people who don't like death metal."

    I lol'd. From the statistics I've seen (going solely on mediafire download stats), metal is one of the less appreciated genres in the ears of our downloaders. But don't let that prohibit you from posting metal, there are some of us out here who actually do appreciate it. I'LL be downloading this album if no one else.

    also, have you heard of The Amenta? They play industrial DM like these duuds.

  2. Aldrenean says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  3. Aldrenean says:

    Download just started, but don't stop with the metal! I'm not way into mathcore, DEP-type stuff, but I still grab it, and melodic death metal is one of my favorite genres.

    edit: I described DEP as noisecore instead of mathcore. How much of a faux pas is that?

  4. Tropolist says:

    I'm trying to like metal, if that counts for anything. I like sludge/drone metal, but anything faster just triggers my gag reflex.

  5. Alex says:

    Sammy: I'm liking that Amenta band so far, thanks for the recommendation

    Aldrenean: according to wikipedia, noisecore *can* refer to mathcore, so you're safe for now...

    Tropolist: I'm more of a post-metal guy, but straight sludge can be pretty awesome. Ha. "Post" metal. The term still makes me chuckle.

  6. Aldrenean says:

    Alright, I'm finally listening to this... and it's fucking amazing. Seriously. My face is getting owned right now.

  7. Moshi says:

    Sorry, but to me this is all just unintelligble garble.

    Not that clearly discernable lyrics are necessary for me to enjoy music, but shouting merely for the sake of shouting?

  8. jc says:

    WFLM is hipster extremis.

    i'd upload cool shit and get like 200 downloads, but the moment i post weird "i'm obscure and cool stuff" shit, bam! 1000 downloads.

    no offense to our followers.

  9. I am the ultimate hipster fuck. So much so that I fucking hate hipsters and everything that they stand for.

  10. I'll go for post-metal and some doom/sludge or stoner metal, but I normally avoid most other types. I'm definitely going to download this and give it a shot though.

  11. Unknown says:

    "Not that clearly discernable lyrics are necessary for me to enjoy music, "

    yes they are. just admit it. you're one of THOSE people

  12. Bazzi says:

    Yes more metal and hardcore please! I'm not really into electronic music but when metal/hardcore actually IS posted here it usually is great stuff! Thanks for the upload!

Leave a Reply