ADULT. - Dispassionate Furniture (1998)

No I don't intend to inundate you with ADULT., but I hope to gradually share as many of their ridiculously unheard-of EPs as I can find. This, ADULT.'s first ever release, is a kind of concept album about chairs (I'm not even kidding), and is one of the most stripped-down, straightforward albums they ever produced. The vocals play between exhaustion and menace, though in the proceeding ten years they have drifted steadily towards the latter. Enjoy this slice of pre-Rescusitation histoy. The E-Side on this EP, The Missing, might be one of my favorite ADULT. songs of all time.

Download

Categories: , , ,

11 Responses so far.

  1. This is brilliant, thanks so much for posting it!

  2. Aldrenean says:

    I have to say, this album and Let's Feel Bad Together constitute the only albums I've downloaded from this site and subsequently deleted. I just can't get into this band, their soundscape is too bleak and, frankly, boring to me.

  3. Tropolist says:

    Sorry you feel that way, but thanks nonetheless for posting. Negative feedback is especially welcome. By the way, did you also download Decampment?

  4. More Adult. plzzz!

    Those who don't get it, well, obviously don't.

  5. Unknown says:

    You've highlighted some great bands on this site.

    Unfortunately, this is not one of them.

  6. Aldrenean says:

    I haven't, I might as well give it a shot.

    Do you guys enjoy Combichrist? I was listening to What The Fuck Is Wrong With You People today, not bad at all.

  7. jc says:

    combichrist is shit, sorry.

  8. jc says:

    combichrist is shit, sorry.

  9. Aldrenean says:

    Okay, Women's Work on Decampment 3 is pretty sweet. And yeah, Combichrist has stupidly simple music, but it can be infectious at times IMO.

  10. Tropolist says:

    Aldrenean: I didn't mean to make you go and get it. But since you didn't mention it, I wondered if you a)liked it but not the other two releases or b)skipped over it. If you hadn't already downloaded it, I would have advised against it; if you don't like their DANCE music, the crazy silent horror soundtrack is about five times less likely to appeal to you. I hope the majority of the humina humina people who have downloaded my ADULT. uploads have enjoyed them.

  11. Unknown says:

    Adult is always very nice.

Leave a Reply