Xploding Plastix - Amateur Girlfriends Go Proskirt Agents (2001)

My sincerest apologies for my month long absence! I hope that no one was upset (and that no one noticed). Anyhoo, here's some delicious jazz/electronica from the country that brought you Jaga Jazzist. But unlike, say," A Livingroom Hush," Amateur Girlfriends..." focuses less on groovy beats and mellow horns in favor of upbeat piano and strings accompanied by frenetic (and incredibly varied) percussion. Very, very enjoyable.

3 Responses so far.

  1. Moshi says:

    If you like this then I recommend Flashbulb to you, generally more glitchy and incorporating a larger amount of break beats, but similair sound nonetheless.

  2. Unknown says:

    Wow, I'm loving this album so far. Currently on 6-Hours Starlight, but it really seems to incorporate all of the right elements of jazz and electronica perfectly. This is great music to just chill to.

  3. Anonymous says:

    it reminds of me the cinematic orchestra a tiny bit. more electronics, but fantastic soundscape nonetheless.

    many thanks for the Flashbulb recommendation :)

Leave a Reply