Pictureplane - Slit Red Bird Throat (2008)


You might recognize the name Pictureplane because he remixes HEALTH all the time. Let me tell you, whatever of that stuff you've heard, is nothing compared to this. I loved this album to death, from the first few seconds of the first track. It's bizarre and surprising, but at the same time every note feels exactly right, as if it was always meant to be. I got that spine-tingling rush of euphoria that makes wading through all the other lo-fi indie electronic garbage worth it. I love this. So much.

Similar: Astrobrite, The Mae Shi, Future Islands, (Sigh) Wavves

Download

5 Responses so far.

  1. dfbm says:

    yeah - thanks! kicks ass :)

  2. This was wonderful! I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere, where did you get this at, anyhow?

  3. Tropolist says:

    I had the same trouble. He doesn't mention any albums at all, and there's nothing on Discogs or RYM or any of the usual places. I am taking a leap of faith that this is actually his work, but it's great, whose ever it is.

Leave a Reply