railcars - cathedral with no eyes (2009)


If you've been paying attention to this blog for a while you probably have railcars' first album that I posted here, named cities vs. submarines. If you don't, go ahead and get that- you won't be disappointed. I really can't say enough for it. But this post isn't about cities vs. submarines, it is about cathedral with no eyes. CWNE retains the gritty, dream-like haziness that is present in CvsS. Each song is tinged with something that I can only describe as an unconscious feeling- one of those feelings that you can only experience during sleep. It sounds like brain static. Like having an argument with yourself. I realize this makes little sense upon reading. Listen to the album, it should clarify what I'm trying to say. This album is tuned a bit more to noise and ambient sound than CvsS, and consequently a bit more to take in at once. After listening to this album five times I still find myself picking up on more elements dissolved in this super-saturated work of music. Cathedral With No Eyes is a trip to the nethermost parts of the subconscious for your ears to take. It is like tripping on psilocybin mushrooms in Pallet Town with Gary Oak. It is pleasing on both an intellectual level and an intangible, ethereal level. It is railcars.

If you buy but one album in your life, let it be this one. railcars is a rising new artist and could use your support. If you are legitimately poor and need to pay for your little step-sisters dialysis, at least show some support by leaving a nice comment on his myspace at http://www.myspace.com/railcarsmusic. Do one of these things or I will hate you forever

Download & Comment

7 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    this is such a wonderful album. i love railcars, thanks for posting this.

  2. Anonymous says:

    accurate description
    very nice

  3. Anonymous says:

    "It is like tripping on psilocybin mushrooms in Pallet Town with Gary Oak."

    This is perhaps the funniest description of music I have read in this life. Keep up the work.

  4. hekkkkkk says:

    Sweet, I loved the first album you posted, it was my mini soundtrack to an impromptu vegas trip when I had 2 weeks off because my job was repairing itself after catching on fucking fire. Hopefully something chaotically great will happen like that after I download this.

    PS: see them live, they're great.

  5. Phil says:

    I found railcars b/c of this blog and preordered CwnE as soon as it was up. The only disappointment is that both of the releases together aren't half an hour long, I need more railcars!

  6. Unknown says:

    http://www.mediafire.com/?zdotzmv22ow - cathedral with no eyes

    http://www.mediafire.com/?nlzxlozzhym - their new remix album (no age, xiu xiu, bunch of other random hip bands)

Leave a Reply