Mulatu Astatke & The Heliocentrics - Inspiration Information Vol. 3 (2009)

Phitts posted the Heliocentrics album a long time ago and anything related to Malcom Catto is bound to be sick. When I discovered that Mulatu Astatke, ethiopian legend known for mixing traditional ethiopian music with jazz, had collaborated on an album with the mysterious all-star Heliocentrics group I pretty much jizzed. On the first listen I immediately recognized some songs from mixes done by The Gaslamp Killer, who is the master at dropping obscure and amazing old funk/jazz/psychedelia, especially the song Black Addis Widow, that song is the shit!!!!!! Let the music speak for itself and you will see.

ethiopium

6 Responses so far.

  1. Village says:

    This is an absolute must-have! Really enjoy this release, and this isn't some oddball world novelty piece of music... Every song is solid and quite relevant! Happy to see this on here.

  2. Anonymous says:

    dead link!

  3. al says:

    Still dead, I needs this bad.

  4. firulais says:

    give me 30 more minutes and i'll update the link!

  5. Moondog says:

    this album is blowin' my mind

Leave a Reply