Fleshgod Apocalypse - Oracles (2009)


One of the more interesting death metal debuts of 2009, Fleshgod Apocalypse (which contains the vocalist from the band Hour of Penance) blends loud, fast technical death metal with "classical influences." I put quotes around "classical influences" because I'm not sure how many of the songs here are actually influenced by classical music, but the band certainly milks that statement for all its worth in these 37 minutes. The riffs, which are what I would say are the most "classical"-sounding, are surprisingly melodic while managing to stay--dare I say it--brutal. Overall, a rock solid tech death album with a few tricks up its sleeve. Get it.

2 Responses so far.

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.
  2. I'm not a fan of death metal, but I'm tempted to download this just so I have a band called "Fleshgod Apocalypse" in my library.

Leave a Reply