NoMeansNo - Wrong (1989)


My apologies for my extended absence. I've been up to my eyeballs in work, but now that all that is done and finals are over, I've got some free time on my hands. I hope I wasn't missed too much. Or at all.

Anyhoo, here is some weird-ass punk, described by some as "progressive punk." I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but NoMeansNo certainly has a spastic, mathy, avant-garde kind of sound to them. It's punk, but with the added insanity, technicality, and togetherness of a seasoned prog band. It's a paradox, really. You should probably check it out. I took a break from a month long King Crimson binge for this, and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.

Categories: , , ,

3 Responses so far.

  1. stEvil says:

    AWESOME. NoMeansNo are fucken' awesome. Saw them in Australia when I was about 16 and they just killed it. This album is excellent. The Live album (Live And Cuddly) is tops too.

  2. see them live yesterday night..and they still rule!
    even if they played just 2 songs from this great album..
    cheers!

  3. Wrong is one of the greatest albums ever. NoMeansNo destroys most other bands.

Leave a Reply